Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Recovery...........

Well Zachery went through a five hour surgery Monday evening..the doc found a bigger mess than he was expecting!! A diaphragmatic hernia repair is all they thought, once he got in there he found also a big hole in is diaphragm, his fundo was undone, and his colon was inside that hole, he said his colon was in bad shape but he said it was pinking up after he messed with it for a while, he has been in pain for so long..it kinda pisses me off that my son laid for 3 days before they did surgery, they didn't think it was an emergency, boy were they wrong...I JUST wish they were a little more attentive too him, but it's over know and he has a road of recovery ahead, on that note, I went home this evening, I was going to bring Allie back with me because my mom came back up but once I packed her stuff and was going to leave I started thinking how much Zachery needs me, it was so hard to leave her, also daddy didn't want to be alone, so i felt kinda bad taking her away from him:( Oh also Zachery's PAT lady Kim came to see him today all the way from Trenton, that was nice and also Tuckers mommy sent him some balloons' boy I know when he feels better he is going to go crazy!!!!:) He was trying to play a little today but he didn't want to move much, I didn't want him to move much!!!! He is suppose to be moved out of the PICU to marrow, on to the floor, so hopefully that will happen, I know that is also another step closer to home, it makes me kinda sad I don't think that he will return to school the rest of this year, he only has a few weeks left so it look like I think anyways, no more school. I don't know what it is about the month of April last April, same time Zachery was admitted for some sickness they still don't know it put him in the PICU. I would love to skip April, but that is my baby girls birthday so we are going to TRY not to be here next year!!!!So on that note I think I'm going to call it a night, and get early and head across the street, I think he was mad at me today also, he cried every time I touched or talked to him but it was OK if aunt Holly did, it's so hard cause he can't tell me so...ohhhhhhhhhh Just everyone prayer for a fast full recovery

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you got to go home and see Allie. I am sure she misses you. Did she get to see Zach at the hospital for a while? I was a littel confused on that, I took it that she came down and your mom was coming and took her back with her? Anyway....I am glad they got it figured out and I will definately pray for a fast and full recovery. He is a fighter.....I dont know yet what time our sugery is but I will try to find you at MCery on Friday at some point....if that is OK. I dont want to be a pest, I just know what it is like to be in hospital....and it is HARD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I got to see Allie I went and seen her and my mom came back with me. and NO you are not being a pest..you can call or see us anytime you would like!!!hopefully we will get to meet you Friday, they haen't got us a room on the floor yet still waiting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of Zachery and his family. Hoping for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete



at home 15days after diaphragmatic hernia repair


Singin The "Beach Song"

Zachery

Zachery
who's behind me????-Allie

Allie

Allie

Halloween

Halloween
Grandma Sammy, Allie, Aunt Stormy, Zachery