Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Parks Needed for Special Kids....

Today we took the kids to the park...I got frustrated because at all of our parks in Trenton, there isn't really much Zachery and Allie can do, they can slide and swing with my help but man it is hard on me to do that..I put Zachery in one of those swings for small kids and started pushing him and well he almost fell out on his head..it scared me and him, he started crying and I felt so bad..after that he was done. I just wish that there was something that they could put in for kids that are in wheelchairs..I've seen stuff in therapy books for parks big swings for wheelchairs and these swings to strap kids in safe, I just wish that the community would think of special needs children, they have spent thousands of dollars on skate parks, new jungle gyms, baseball parks, and they even spent a budget of 10,000 to build bathrooms at this little park, they put in new play equipment there last summer and already they have been vandalized.....ah that makes me so mad how disrespectful some people are. I've thought about making a statement in the paper about maybe them thinking of places parents can take their special needs kids for them to also have enjoyment the same way as the other kids..I figure it's a long shot but you never know unless you try. So tomorrow we go to Children's Mercy for a follow-up with surgery for Zachery, I'm hoping that something will be figured out for his reflux..other than that he seems to be feeling better, we went for a walk yesterday and to the park today..I think I'm going to have to put both kids back on Zyrtec, their little eyes are so red, and their noses are buggery, gotta love that pollen!:0 on that note I'm going to call it a night and get ready for tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. Tucker is on Clariton nonstop...his eyes run and he gets the red nose...DARN OL ALLERGIES. Todd and I suffer from them as well, he had no chance at all skipping out on having them. It helps but doesnt take it all away that is for sure. I let tuck get out on the deck last night, he didnt know how to act. He didnt want to come in. He even walked in the grass which feels different than the deck...but he did good. I worked in Hunters room painting while she entertained him outside....there is always something to do.
    THen he came in and got his bath, and wanted to walk around wihtout a shirt...which is a first for him. He doesnt like being without his shirt....but last night, we put it on and he took it off....learning that trick now.
    I will be thinking of you today. I hope the follow up goes good and there are no issues. What time is your appointment? I have some medicine to pick up down there maybe we could say HEY to each other.....if not, I will try to call tonight to see how it went. Have a nice day!!! Enjoy the nice weather.
    I would definately send your local city a letter about the equipment. We have one park that I know of, by my mother, that has some access for wheelchairs....that is it...LET THEM HAVE IT GIRL. :)

    ReplyDelete



at home 15days after diaphragmatic hernia repair


Singin The "Beach Song"

Zachery

Zachery
who's behind me????-Allie

Allie

Allie

Halloween

Halloween
Grandma Sammy, Allie, Aunt Stormy, Zachery